It’s important to feel acknowledged. Sometimes the only person that can make us feel that is ourselves. By rewarding ourselves for reaching goals or making choices in line with our commitments, we can give ourselves that little nod of “I see you, you’re awesome,” and keep the motivation and energy raging along at top speed.
Quite often, in our world of plenty, rewards are edible or consumable; coffee, chocolate, a dinner out. While it’s okay to have these things in our life, by using them as rewards we are actually undermining our commitment to feeding our bodies clean burning fuel.
Here are a few ideas in various price ranges to give yourself a little gift for being extraordinary. Not one of them involves chewing.
1. A fancy new tea/coffee mug
2. New super soft gloves/mits
3. Costume jewelry
4. Drugstore make-up
5. Nail polish
6. New socks
7. A cookbook (Nutritarian, plant-based, get creative, get new ideas)
8. A new kitchen gadget (think salads!)
9. A luscious, beautiful plant for your work or living space
10. A manicure
11. A facial
12. Walking around Target in peace for an hour
13. New workout shoes
14. An updated professional portrait of yourself or your family
15. Watching a sunrise on purpose
16. Watching a sunset on purpose
17. Volunteering at a community event
18. A fancy scarf
19. A walking date with a loved one
20. A new journal
21. A cozy new throw blanket
22. A hike in nature
23. Talk to a stranger
24. A new handbag
25. Have your vehicle detailed
For sure, this list is quite random but it gives an idea of all the different things we can do to reward ourselves and feel special that don’t involve food or eating. We encourage you to treat yourself to a few indulgences when you reach goals. Because, you are so worth it.